Get the facts before making a decision.
- Can they say they have the lowest price on the market?
Yes, probably so; but it is Gary Pools’ position that “low bid” is by no means the safest avenue to a sound investment.
- POOL PLUMBING
- Is the plumbing located deep under the floor of your pool?
Or is it located where years from now if need be, it could be easily located and corrected if necessary like Gary Pool is?
- Can they say that they have been reliable and paid all of their bills for the past 56 years and will not leave you with a mechanics lien placed on your property by unpaid suppliers?
You can put your trust in Gary Pools – we “Build it Once…Build it Right…to Enjoy Forever.”
- GUNITE THICKNESS
- Do they say 6”–8” which allows them to build a 6” thick shell?
As opposed to the full 8”(+) of the Gary Pools gunite shell?
- TOP OF POOL BEAM
- Does their structure end with just this beam or is the top beam flanged out 3 ft. to provide added rigidity (like the brim on a man’s hat) like Gary Pools does?
- CONCRETE CURING
- What do they do to ensure the proper curing of the concrete shell?
We have all seen damp concrete blankets or similar placed over these concrete highway projects to ensure proper concrete curing. At Gary we always use the highest quality curing membrane available.
- REINFORCING STEEL
- Does their structural schedule say grade 40,000 PSI or grade 60,000 PSI reinforcing steel as compared to Gary Pools’ “grade” 74,000 PSI as used on your Gary Pool?
Gary Vanaloy™ Reinforcing Steel is 50% stronger and yet more flexible than ordinary steel. We are able to place it properly within the center of the wall of your pool structure.
- POOL STRUCTURE
- Can they say that their fiberglass, or sometimes vinyl, pool will have a positive impact on the value of your homestead, say seven to ten years from now; as a properly designed and installed gunite structure would do?
If you had a choice – would you want vinyl siding on your home or brick to protect it?
- POOLS BUILT IN TEXAS’ EXPANSIVE SOILS
- Can they say that they have built more pools in Texas’ expansive soils than any other company like Gary Pools can?
Ensuring a pool designed for these conditions. Cantilever Deck Design – In 1961 Lief Zars, founder of Gary Pools designed a monolithic wall-to-walk cantilver structure, specifically designed to solve problems created by Texas’s expansive soil conditions. Gary Pools’ cantilver structure solves the problems that come up with a “beam pool” or a “two Piece decking system” that tend to separate in your yard and pool structure.
- In addition to the reinforcing bars contained in your Gary Pool’s decking, do they add the additional precaution of fiber reinforcing this decking to reduce shrinkage cracks?
- PRIMUS SAFETY DRAIN
- Do your drains meet the requirements of an unblockable drain in accordance with the Virginia Graeme Baker Act?
Ours do. All main drains must now meet the requirements of the Virginia Graeme Baker Act. But, almost none of them have the added safety feature of receiving the “Unblockable” definition.
- MAIN DRAIN SUCTION LINES
- Do they provide an automatic high vacuum safety release to guard against suction entrapment, as is included on each and every Gary Pool?
- TWO SPEED ENERGY EFFICIENT PUMP MOTORS
- Do they use energy efficient pump motors?
Our exclusive Power Miser 3.0 Pump which costs around $13 a month compared to $40 to $60 per month is a must. When operating at low speed they can move ½ the water but at ¼ the electrical cost. Gary Pools will use only two speed pumps.
- PIPE FITTINGS
- Do they save on pipe fittings by using a heat-bending device (which can deteriorate the quality of the PVC material) or do they use only Schedule 40 pipe fitting as used on your Gary Pool?
- FLOW CONTROLS
- Is the main drain piping connected to the skimmer and then to the pump, to save money so that you have limited control of each?
Or, are separate pipes and valveing brought from each directly to the pump for complete control? Your Gary Pool is.
- Is the other pool equipped with just a standard skimmer or with a skimmer with a pre-filter that will accommodate 400% more volume as your Gary Pool will?
- What type of filter are they using?
There are three types of filters: Sand, Cartridge, and DE. Sand filters leave much to be desired in water clarity. DE filters leave much to be desired in the ease of maintenance. Gary’s Quad cartridge filter needs looking after only once every two to three months. In other words, avoid buying mediocrity and an unnecessary workload.
- Are they available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?
Gary Pools is.
Now you know the reasons Gary Pools has been a leader for 56 years. We believe in excellent designs with unbelievably solid construction.